Front-end developer and creative technologist working at the intersection of art and science. I love making engaging, interesting, and inclusive interactive systems that spark joy and curiosity in people.
- HTML(10 out of 10)
- Preprocessors (PostCSS, others)(8 out of 10)
- Frameworks (Bootstrap, Bulma, more)(10 out of 10)
- Patterns (ITCSS, SMACSS, BEM, more)(8 out of 10)
- Vanilla ES5 / ES6+(6 out of 10)
- ThreeJS and WebGL(4 out of 10)
- React (Next.js, vanilla)(4 out of 10)
- Framer Motion
- Accessibility(9 out of 10)
- Vercel, Netlify(8 out of 10)
- AWS (Amplify, Lambda, DynamoDB)(2 out of 10)
- Browser APIs (Canvas, WebMIDI, Websockets, others)
- CMSs (Sanity, Contentful, Airtable, Wordpress)(6 out of 10)
- PHP(6 out of 10)
- MySQL(3 out of 10)
- Processing(9 out of 10)
- p5.js(8 out of 10)
- openFrameworks(5 out of 10)
- WebAR (8th Wall)(7 out of 10)
- Shaders (GLSL)(2 out of 10)
- Arduino(9 out of 10)
- Raspberry Pi(2 out of 10)
- Circuit board (PCB) ...
- Design (Eagle)(4 out of 10)
- Fabrication(4 out of 10)
- Assembly (incl. SMD)(4 out of 10)
- 3D printing (FDM and resin)(9 out of 10)
- Laser cutting(8 out of 10)
- CNC routing and milling(5 out of 10)
- Woodworking(3 out of 10)
- Welding (MIG)(2 out of 10)
Master of Science in Education (M.S. Ed.) in Instructional Technology
University of Nebraska at Kearney — August 2011 to May 2014
- Pursued self-directed, project-based courses and research focused on the integration of advanced and emerging technologies into studio art curriculum in close collaboration with arts faculty.
- Collaborated with Arts faculty to expand their existing undergraduate curriculum with hands-on, project-based exercises centered on STEAM concepts and emerging technologies like Arduino, 3D printing and projection mapping.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Science
University of Nebraska at Kearney — August 2005 to May 2011
- Designed and taught a full semester-long course to a group of fellow undergraduates entitled “Interactive and Generative Art”, culminating in a public exhibition.
- Facilitated acquisition and execution of avar(--20,000 grant with Computer Science and Art & Art History departments.
Senior Developer at Bluecadet
Remote — September 2021 to April 2023 (1.5 years)
- Prototyped and built websites, AR experiences, and interactive touchscreen apps in close collaboration with designers, art directors, and others.
- Owned the development side of multiple projects for clients including The Met, LACMA, and Gore.
- Contributed code and support to projects for clients including Harvard, the MIT Museum, and the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library.
- Served as internal SME for digital accessibility.
- Mentored junior developers on front-end coding fundamentals, with an emphasis on accessibility.
Developer Advocate at Accessible360
Minneapolis, MN — July 2019 to September 2021 (2 years)
- Provided personalized technical and strategic accessibility consultation for clients with complex products.
- Redesigned customer-facing Knowledge Base with a focus on readability.
- Contributed over 40 high-quality articles and hundreds of code samples internally and externally.
- Provided individualized support and guidance to auditors.
- Identified internal process gaps affecting client satisfaction and facilitated solutions.
- Attended and gave talks at meetup groups and conferences.
UI Developer (consultant) at Concord
Minneapolis, MN — July 2017 to July 2019 (2 years)
- Provided client coaching and support on modern CSS architecture and technologies, software design patterns, source control workflows and more.
- Worked closely with client designers to evaluate designs and advise on feasibility based on tooling, timelines, usability, and more.
- As a UI dev team lead, I helped a client transition to a more cross-functional Agile workflow using the SAFe 4.0 framework.
- Architected, built, and delivered a custom Bootstrap-based design framework in close collaboration with designers.
Web Designer/Developer at Securities America, Inc.
Omaha, NE — October 2015 to July 2016 (9 months)
- Worked closely with .NET developers to build web applications using .NET MVC 5, Bootstrap 3, KendoUI, and more.
Adjunct Professor at Metropolitan Community College
Omaha, NE — August 2015 to November 2015 (3 months)
- Designed and taught an 11-week, project-based course titled “How to Build Almost Anything”. Topics included 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC, and more.
- Collaborated with instructional designers to create course materials for students.
- "Digital morphogenesis - exploring the creative power of nature through code and simulation" at Art and Math Seminar hosted by KSU's Math department (March 2023).
- "What We Learned From Trying to Build an Accessible Carousel" at Open Source North (May 2021), with co-presenter Aaron Page.
- "Accessibility in Action - a live coding adventure!" at Mpls Jr Devs (September 2020).
- How to build a more accessible carousel or slider on DEV
- How I built an accessible IoT dashboard on Medium
- 2019 'Strange Growths', ESC, REM5 VR, Minneapolis, MN (group exhibition).
- 2019 'Voronoi experiments', Art+Tech Experience, Minneapolis Telecommunications Network (MTN), Minneapolis, MN (group exhibition).
- 2017 'Obscuron', light, KANEKO, Omaha, NE (group exhibition).
- 2015 'Real life Minecraft interface', PLAY, KANEKO, Omaha, NE (group exhibition).
- 2012 Artist-in-Residence, University of Nebraska at Kearney, Kearney, NE (two-person exhibition).
- 2015 Circus of the Senses, Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts, Omaha, NE (collaboration with Emilie Baltz).
- 2015 Circuit of the Senses, Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts, Omaha, NE (collaboration with Emilie Baltz).
- 2015 Human Harp, Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts, Omaha, NE (collaboration with Di Maintsone).
- 2016 DIY synthesizer build workshop at SOUNDRY at KANEKO
- 2015 How to Make Almost Anything at MCC FabLab
- 2015 Circuit bending worskshop at SOUNDRY at KANEKO
- 2014 Maker Corps Mentor at Omaha Children's Museum
- 2012 STEAM microworkshop for Girl Scouts at UNK
- 2011 Interactive and Generative Art at UNK.